Powerful features at your fingertips
- Tailor Sulu to your business with Symfony business logic
- Reuse custom-built business logic on your website
- Reuse custom business objects across webspaces
- Business logic is not tied to Sulu but can be used in any Symfony application
- Access business objects outside of Sulu (headless, other Symfony/PHP applications, microservices)
- Powerful, intuitive administration UI for editors to administer all your business objects
- Use admin interface’s built-in list functionality (search, filter, sort, …) for your custom entities
- Use admin interface’s built-in form functionality (fields, tabs, actions, …) for your custom entities
- Full access to any Sulu-based data (assets, users, categories, other custom modules, …)
- Use Sulu’s integrated permission management for your business objects
- Storage-agnostic (integration via REST API)
- Abstract content types for easily integrating custom business objects into content
- Freedom to choose your website’s frontend stack (React, Angular, Vue.js, …)
- Powerful and widely-adopted templating engine (Twig)
- Powerful caching mechanisms included
Create your custom business objects in Symfony
The many developers already familiar with the Symfony PHP framework can get started with Sulu straight away. They have complete freedom to define business objects and business logic using their existing knowledge. Get data out to JSON, XML, or whatever format makes sense for the channel of your choice.
Optionally use Sulu’s user-friendly administration interface to manage your data
Sulu’s administration interface is ideal for inputting and editing all types of data, including your custom business objects. Write a REST API for your business objects, add a little metadata and configuration, and you’re ready to use Sulu’s robust, prebuilt lists and forms. This can save hours of development, debugging, and maintenance work. It’s up to you whether to use Sulu or another UI, or none at all, according to your needs. Find out more in our guide.
Build a content type to embed your business object in website content
Use predefined content types to integrate your business object with ease. If necessary, build your own content types to store data, then expose it in the editing interface according to your needs.
Implement HTML output for your custom business object
To output content on a webpage, developers can use their existing Twig knowledge so onboarding is smoother. The content type passes everything that’s needed to the Twig template, and developers can access any property or method from `business_objects`.
See the embedded business object on the website
Now you’re all setup and users can access the data objects through the website or any other channels you push data to.
See for yourself
We’d love to show you around Sulu so you can see how businesses benefit from its features and why developers love it. Get in touch and we’ll give you an online tour via video call.