Today we have released the first release candidate of Sulu 2.2! It comes with very interesting features, and we want to encourage you to try them out. Please also test your existing applications with the new Sulu 2.2.0-RC1, so that we can fix possible errors before our final release.
This release introduces many new features, including:
- A brand new image map field type.
- Improved permission handling including inheriting permissions to child elements.
- Security on the website for single pages and media.
- Show a page in different segments. For example, you’ll be able to create a winter and summer segment for tourism websites.
- Settings on blocks including temporarily hiding a block, only show it for a certain segment, or only show for a specific target group.
- Copy pages between different webspaces.
- Tabs will show a dropdown if they are wider than their parent container.
In order to upgrade take a look at our documentation, which also includes checking out our UPGRADE file. The most important steps in this specific upgrade to 2.2 are:
- It is no longer allowed to have a property named ‘settings’ on a block anymore, because we need that for our new block settings feature.
- The role entity was updated to allow creating anonymous roles, so the database schema has to be updated and the ‘sulu:security:init’ command has to be executed.
Please test the new release candidate and don’t hesitate to give us feedback, we are very grateful for it, since it is easier to fix issues before the final release.