The third release candidate of Sulu 2.0 is now available, which will be the last one before the final version on the first of October. It comes with a few more bugfixes and smaller features:
- Remember the last selected adapter in the list view
- Errors now also show a message
- Allow to delete old media versions
- Pages linked on other pages can be deleted after a separate confirmation dialog
- A warning is shown if multiple users are editing the same form
- Fully working password reset functionality
- Removed the country table and use Symfony's RegionBundle instead
There is also another change affecting how toolbar actions are configured. Toolbar actions are the extension point for adding more buttons and dropdowns to the header toolbar in our admin, e.g. including the save and delete buttons on a form and the add button on a list.
Until now we have used an array, whereby the key was the name of the toolbar action and the value were the options for the toolbar action. We decided to go for a different approach now because the previous one had two downsides:
- It was not possible to have two different instances of the same toolbar action as the key in the array can only be used once.
- There was no possibility to further process the values of the option, that means that e.g. the translator had to be added in every Admin class.
For these reasons we have decided to add another class which solves both of these problems. The ToolbarAction class takes the type of the ToolbarAction and its options as separate constructor arguments. There are also more specific ToolbarActions which makes using them easier, and allows us to process its values.
You can read more about that in our UPGRADE.md.