The most important bugfixes are listed below. Underlying those changes are many small improvements for a better developer and user experience, and compatibility with PHP 8.0.
- The schema validation in blocks with mandatory fields didn't work as expected. The issue was reported by Jordy Groote. Thank you for that.
- There was an annoying bug with the dropdown menus of the CKEditor. The menu could be obscured beneath other field types. Thanks to Cirykpopeye for reporting this bug.
- Unpublished pages were not correctly shown in the teaser selection of the admin interface. The behavior was fixed to be consistent with the
smart contentand the
- Some unnecessary
requeststo the backend could occur when a block with a list overlay selection was changed. This was fixed, so that only the required requests are sent. Thank you Rflorent for reporting this bug.
- Improvements to the configuration of blocked media types have been added.
- User interface refinements for better readability on disabled fields were implemented.
- Another annoying bug was an occasional change of the scroll position on tab change. This has been fixed—thanks a lot to Smanhoff and Sanderquirynen for reporting.
- The generated URLs from the FormatManager for filenames containing multiple dots were wrong. Thank you binarious for reporting and fixing the bug.
- A feature has been added to render badges in the tab bar. This feature was necessary for the release of the AutomationBundle. In the AutomationBundle, the planned tasks are visible through the badge on the automation tab. A glimpse of the new tab badge can be seen in the screenshot below.
In addition to all changes of the 2.1.8 release, the 2.2.4 release contains the following improvements:
- In Sulu 2.2 we introduced segments for pages. Unfortunately, we forgot to implement a fallback if the excerpt tab was overridden in a project. Overridden excerpt tabs don't have the segments field and thus an exception is thrown. This has been fixed. Thank you Quehnie for the bug report.
- The additional feature for this release is the UploadToolbarAction. This action is required for the next RedirectBundle release. The action allows you to add custom actions for uploading files. In the RedirectBundle this is used to upload a CSV file and import the redirects from the file.
Upgrading your installation
We encourage you to have a look at our Upgrading Sulu 2.x documentation when upgrading your project. The documentation provides a step-by-step guide to upgrading Sulu in your projects. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or problems during the upgrade process.
AutomationBundle and RedirectBundle to be released soon
Finally, we would like to thank you all for the reported issues and feature requests. Contributions and discussions are always welcome!
As you most likely already read out of the changes, we hope to announce the release of the AutomationBundle and the RedirectBundle in the near future. Furthermore we will try to achieve PHP 8.0 compatibility in the next release. You can check the current progress on the PHP 8.0 Roadmap.
We are always looking forward for your feedback about newly released features and bugfixes. Feel free to create an issue or a discussion on Github about bugs and feature requests. You can also contact us anytime via our Slack channel.